Monday 4 April 2016

Ready For My Boys.

I really hope my boys will be home today. Just in case they are, along the lines of I knew you were coming so I baked a cake, I have been baking!

Harry put his order in for scones before they boys went away and I spied another recipe from one of my Pretty Nostalgic magazines which is currently decorating my baking bench. This is a great part of the magazine for decorations as this feature has covered everything from what you see here to haberdashery, which I have in my craft room, all the seasons and celebrations plus many other useful subjects.




 And here are the yummy goodies which I hope I will see my boys wrapping their chops around this afternoon! I just love the contrast of the cherries and the icing, very nursery tea-esque.



Harry requested jam and cream so that is waiting in the fridge for him.


10 comments:

  1. Oh My Goodness please can I come for afternoon tea to? I love scones, jam and cream but that cake looks yummy. Hope you boys arrive they will devour both :-) dee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! any time you are in my neck of the woods, Dee, just knock on the door- there is always a brew and the tin is always full!xx

      Delete
  2. Looks fabulous, where did you get the book from? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I managed to find one stuffed down the back of one of WH Smiths' racks. they were quite expensive when they first came out and I got a discount on it, too. You might be able to get one from the shop on their website.x

      Delete
    2. Check out my other post. It also has the magazines mentioned.x

      Delete
  3. so yummy if I knew you were backing I would have come over, hope the boys come hoe hungry :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawn, if you are ever in the area you are most welcome.x

      Delete
  4. Hope the boys made it home and enjoyed their tea! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My boys are coming home today at lunchtime. Yippeee!! I think they will have to make do with choc brownies and scones as Jon has worked his way through most of the cake!x

      Delete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx