Thursday 28 April 2016

Ok, Since Monday.

Right, what have I been up to since Monday?

On Monday I had coffee with a friend and baked two loaves. I caught up with my Journal of Gratitude; I seemed to have got a bit behind with getting the boys ready for the weekend and being busy whilst they were away.

I have been busy in the greenhouse because of us getting the compost at the weekend and I also found time to plant seeds for  various thing - will do an up to date list after the weekend - and I also brought out this apron to use in the greenhouse which I made ages ago, before we moved, in the hope that the fabric of the garment would match the fabric of our life and hopefully it will soon! (In case you can't see it has hens on it.)




Jon arrived home from work today with these from the saw mill. Details to follow later.



Tuesday was work around the house, all the things from Urdd weekend away. Bathroom cleaned, two loads of washing and drying and some printing for my Household Notebook I had been meaning to do. I also pottered in the greenhouse planting a few more seeds and I got rid of some of the horrible big roots in the flower bed. Only managed about half an hour 
and didn't want to be aching too much the next day.


Yesterday this arrived.



Jon knew I would miss the radio whilst in the greenhouse so now I can sing along to my hearts content. Also yesterday I swept the conservatory, for the first time since we moved in I am ashamed to say, cleared the ironing bag, baked two loaves and a lemon drizzle cake. The cake was firstly for the boys snack where they came home from school and as it was a bit chilly I put it in the living room for them, nice and cosy.



However I should point out that by the evening there was just one slice left for Jon's lunch box today!

Last night I decided I needed to have a drier place for my seeds in the greenhouse. I utilised this box which was on the dresser and made some smaller dividers from a file in the office.Turned out ok I think.


So I think I am up to date. I'm writing this post after changing the boys beds and I'm about to put sausages in the oven to start a casserole for tea. I went across the road to the community centre for the monthly lunch at 12.30 but made sure I had watered the seeds, vacuumed and swept downstairs and lit the fire before I left, and I even managed to make a chocolate brownie to leave cooling for the tin! Nothing like a really productive day.

Tonight is the last in the series of Line Of Duty. It has been sooo good and Keely Hawes is fab in that as well as The Durrells.

Bye, Lou.xx

9 comments:

  1. A very productive week Louise, I have an old hoodie thing I wear in the garden, cos I am a messy worker, looking forward to Line of Duty x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I constantly wipe my hands on my apron when I am in the kitchen and around the house so know it would be no different in the greenhouse!x

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have had a productive week, I wouldnt keep seeds in the greenhouse, they would get too hot and there is a chance of damp, I keep mine in a box under the stairs, seeds dont do well with fluctuating temperatures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn. Again you are my go to garden guru!

      Delete
    2. Its lessons i have learned over 30 years :-)

      Delete
  4. How good is your dog? Cake nearby and the look on his face said it all.!!! Busy you..thank you re previous post, we all have chesty colds here but by the weekend hope to feel happy man again and get to it. I keep a folder with plastic sleeves with my seeds, I then pop a sticker on the plastic sleeve with best time I grew it, where etc, good or bad yield etc stops me buying repeat seeds that have previously been unsuccessful / helps me decide what to grown next time and I also keep the washed plant markers there for next year.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I though I was organised. Learning all the time as my dad used to say! Hope you are all back to good health for the weekend.x

      Delete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx